2907 East Gate City Boulevard
Events at this location
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Applied Research Institute (ARI), Tougaloo College Research and Development Foundation (TCRDF), and the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition office (DEFTECH), a component
The Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), the Applied Research Institute (ARI), Tougaloo College Research and Development Foundation (TCRDF), and the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition office (DEFTECH), a component of the NC Military Business Center, are excited to invite you to the DARPAConnect North Carolina Regional Pop-up event at the The Joint School of Nanoscience and Nanoengineering, a partnership between North Carolina A&T and UNC Greensboro in Greensboro, NC, on September 19th, 2023.
DARPAConnect is designed to broaden DARPA’s reach and stimulate growth and collaboration between DARPA and small businesses and education institutions new to the agency or to the national security space. With the goal of breaking down barriers of entry, this event is designed to educate, motivate, and inspire potential performers to engage with DARPA to grow the national security innovation ecosystem. Featured speakers for this event include:
- Ms. Jennifer Thabet, Program Director, Small Business Programs Office (SBPO), DARPA
- Dr. Kerri Dugan, Office Director, Biological Technologies Office (BTO), DARPA
- Dr. Rohith Chandrasekar, Program Manager, Defense Sciences Office (DSO), DARPA
- Dr. Benjamin Griffin, Program Manager, Microsystems Technology Office (MTO), DARPA
- Dr. Allyson O’Brien, Program Manager, Information Innovation Office (I2O), DARPA
- Mr. Mark Jones, Contract Specialist, DARPA
- Dr. Alex Place, Innovation Fellow, DARPA
This full-day September 19th event will cover topical conversations that include:
- Who is DARPA and What is DARPAConnect?
- Understanding DARPA Announcements and Contract Vehicles
- Engaging DARPA Program Managers
- Interpreting and Shredding DARPA Solicitations
- What is the Heilmeier Catechism?
- Strategies for a Winning DARPA Proposal
The full event agenda will be available soon.
We hope you’ll be able to join us either in person or online. The opportunity to hold one-on-one conversations with DARPA program managers and DoD stakeholders will only be offered for in-person attendees, and space is limited.
(Tuesday) 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
DARPA ConnectFor more than 65 years, DARPA has made pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security. As the world changes dramatically – and even the pace of change itself increases – the agency seeks to engage the best minds and best ideas across specialties, communities, and perspectives to solve the greatest national security challenges on the horizon. The agency launched DARPAConnect in late 2022 with a goal to is to broaden DARPA’S reach and stimulate growth and collaboration with small businesses and education institutions new to the national security space.