Green Engineering, P.L.L.C.
Green Engineering’s mission is to satisfy the needs of local governments that do not have in-house engineering capabilities and to supplement engineering departments that require specialized skills.
The mission today remains virtually unchanged. However, the company’s client base has expanded over the last half century to include multi-national corporations, universities and colleges, public schools, branches of the armed forces, federal agencies, private developers, and state government.
Founded at the end of World War II by F. Talmadge Green, a civil engineer and former city manager, Green and Phelps, Inc. began business primarily as a local surveying company in Wilson, North Carolina. In the early 1950’s, Talmadge Green became sole owner and the company was changed to F. T. Green & Associates and began providing engineering services to area clients, as well.
In 1964, Talmadge’s nephew, E. Leo Green, Jr., joined the company as a young civil engineering graduate of North Carolina State University. Later, in 1971, Talmadge retired from the company and sold the majority share of F. T. Green & Associates to Leo Green. Under the leadership of Leo Green, the company experienced rapid growth and expanded its base by providing a broad range of engineering design services to North Carolina municipalities and counties. The name was changed to Green Engineering and has emerged as one of the most diversified and technologically-advanced engineering companies in the state, serving both public and private sectors.
With headquarters in Wilson, North Carolina, Green Engineering is strategically positioned and adequately staffed to serve the day-to-day engineering requirements of communities throughout central and eastern North Carolina.
From its inception, the company has been recognized for its planning, design and construction management work in all types of wastewater treatment and disposal facilities, water treatment and distribution systems, industrial parks, shopping centers, airports, correctional facilities, government installations, county roads and interstate highways. Its pioneering specialization in advanced wastewater technologies, such as water reuse, land application and conjunctive uses, is acknowledged statewide.