DANC Government Relations Forum – brief provided by U.S. Congressman David Rouzer, R-NC 7th District
Wednesday, August 25, 2021 at 10:00am
David Rouzer developed his work ethic working the summers on his family’s farm just outside of Four Oaks, North Carolina; his moral values growing up in a Christian home and attending Sunday school and church; and his legislative acumen under former U.S. Senators Jesse Helms and Elizabeth Dole.
David currently serves in the United States Congress representing North Carolina’s 7th Congressional District. His most recent work was primarily focused on helping small businesses with marketing and sales through his consulting business, The Rouzer Company. He also formed R&C Distributors, LLC, as a side business and umbrella for fleet-related products.
Prior to those endeavors, David had been involved in public policy development and implementation, public relations, and legislative strategy for more than a decade through his work in the Legislative and Executive branches of the Federal government, as well as in his work for NC State University where he served as assistant to the dean for the College of Agriculture & Life Sciences. As a senior level appointee of the President at USDA Rural Development, David helped manage the administration of a program level budget of more than $1.2 billion along with a loan portfolio of $5 billion in investments in rural America.
In his work on Capitol Hill, David was a senior staffer for former U.S. Senator Jesse Helms and U.S. Senator Elizabeth Dole where he helped write numerous federal statutes and developed a distinct reputation among members and their respective staffs for his advice and work.
As a member of the North Carolina Senate, David consistently ranked as one of the most effective pro-business legislators during his two terms (2009 – 2012) representing Johnston and Wayne County. During his tenure, he was co-chairman of the Agriculture and Environment Committee, co-chairman of the Joint Regulatory Reform Committee, and chairman of the Senate Environmental Review Commission.
The Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) Goverment Relations Purpose:
- Assist the Executive Director and Senior Director in reviewing issues related to the Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) and provide advice and recommendations to the DANC Executive Board and Management Council regarding same.
- Monitor State and Federal legislative agendas to identify legislation that is relevant to the DANC membership; provide recommendations, if appropriate, to the DANC Executive board and Management Council on policy positions.
- Develop strategies to educate DANC members on relevant government related issues
- Develop strategies to educate and communicate with legislators, organizations and other relevant parties regarding the Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) and our position on any particular legislative issue as directed by the DANC Executive Board and Management Council
- Identify statewide and national associations with similar interests and provide recommendations and advice to the DANC Executive board and Management Council concerning opportunities to align organizations to strengthen advocacy on key issues.
DANC Government Relations Leaders:
David Hayden, DANC Government Relations Chair, Smith Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, L.L.P. https://www.smithlaw.com/professionals-David-Hayden
Joe Angell, DANC Government Relations Co-Chair, Wiley Wilson https://www.wileywilson.com/