by Van Carpenter, DANC Communications Committee Chair
Another July 4th has been observed with all the required fireworks, concerts, and grilling out. We’ve reflected on the birth of our country; however, did we take the appropriate time in our celebration and busy lives to really understand the benefits of that great political declaration of independence? Do we really “Celebrate our Independence” and pledge to do our part to continue the practices and traditions of independence that have been afforded to us as American citizens?
Let’s think briefly about seven ways to celebrate our Independence. By no means is this list inclusive, but it should “get you thinking” about the value of your independence and that of your business or organization.
1. Celebrate Your Independence to be able to have the right to form your own opinions and viewpoints and be able to express them as a citizen or business.
2. Celebrate Your Independence to amass information, determine its validity, research opportunities and make decisions about your life and livelihood.
3. Celebrate Your Independence to form and operate your own business or enterprise that generates capital and pursues new opportunities locally and globally.
4. Celebrate Your Independence to choose who you work for and with.Whether you work as an employee and contribute your skill and commitment to a business or organization, or in your own venture, you are independently contributing to your community and to the livelihood of fellow employees.
5. Celebrate Your Independence through active participation in the election of your representatives at all levels of government and judiciary and to change them as needed. Celebrate your right to have a direct link to these representatives and bodies and to routinely express your views and desires.
6. Celebrate Your Independence by working and influencing others in your industry and community to actively advocate for the creation of favorable government and legislation that supports our personal lives and business opportunity. Become involved at all levels from local to Federal.
7. Celebrate Your Independence by banding together in an organization and collaborating with other people in your industry to have a collective voice and stance to influence government and other industry. Whether it is in the area of government relations, scientific pursuit, infrastructure development or revenue generation, it is vitally important to be represented by an organization like the Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC). This also begins the section of independent self-promotion.
About The Alliance:
The Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) is a private, nonprofit, independent organization focused on strengthening North Carolina’s defense sector and those who support it.
Grow North Carolina’s defense economy in a way that creates new long-term investment opportunities.
The Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) can only accomplish its mission of growing the defense economy in North Carolina by utilizing partnerships. Through consistent forging, freshening, or funding of a mix of collaborative partnerships, DANC positively affects the Defense Industry in North Carolina.
We live partnership at DANC. We utilize a mix of partnerships that include:
- State Government Agencies and Organizations
The Alliance’s unique ability to lead government, military, industry, and academic partners in collaborative efforts toward common objectives continues to create opportunities for North Carolina while augmenting the capabilities of the nation’s military.
What’ the Bottom Line on Independence?
We would like you to exert your independence of thought and action now to support North Carolina’s defense sector. We would like you to join with us and determine your unique role in the Defense Alliance of North Carolina. The benefits are numerous for your investment of membership, time, and collaborative participation.
The Alliance’s vast network of members embodies the full spectrum of industry, academic, government, and military stakeholders committed to supporting our national security and North Carolina’s role in it. As part of this network, you will join a group of powerful individuals and organizations working together to position NC’s leaders to win in an evolving defense marketplace, lead high-impact strategic sector growth initiatives, and provide actionable intelligence and networking opportunities to those who can best support our national security.
EXERT YOUR INDEPENDENCE with DANC!
About the DANC Communications Committee Chair:
Van Carpenter (US Navy Retired) is a global business change agent, advisor and communicator. He regularly advises, coaches, speaks and trains on innovation, creative change, catalyst communications & marketing, and adaptive leadership. Van has over thirty plus years of entrepreneurial and executive experience in corporate, government, military, marketing, agency and entrepreneurial sectors. He brings his unique blend of diverse experience, business acumen, humor, and real-world perspective to both his advice and communication.
Van is a retired Commander in the Naval Reserve. He lives near Clayton NC with his wife Deborah and is currently hanging out in the “basement office” while managing his business consulting and innovation group – Van Carpenter Innovative Solutions. Contact him anytime at 919-539-3499 or email him your topic suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.