DANC Government Relations Virtual Forum – brief provided by Deputy Michael Arriola, SBA District Director
Wednesday, February 23, 2022 at 10:00am
As District Director, Mike Arriola oversees an office that drives economic development by assisting local entrepreneurs with starting and growing businesses. He also directs the implementation of SBA programs related to accessing capital, business advising, and government contracts. Mike has been with the SBA since January 1998. In February 2004, Mike accepted the Senior Area Manager position with the North Carolina District Office to open a satellite office in the city of Asheville and was responsible for delivering the agency’s programs and services to the 28 westernmost counties of the state. In July 2014, he moved to Charlotte to become the Deputy District Director. He was named District Director in May 2021.
The Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) Goverment Relations Purpose:
- Assist the Executive Director and Senior Director in reviewing issues related to the Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) and provide advice and recommendations to the DANC Executive Board and Management Council regarding same.
- Monitor State and Federal legislative agendas to identify legislation that is relevant to the DANC membership; provide recommendations, if appropriate, to the DANC Executive board and Management Council on policy positions.
- Develop strategies to educate DANC members on relevant government related issues
- Develop strategies to educate and communicate with legislators, organizations and other relevant parties regarding the Defense Alliance of North Carolina (DANC) and our position on any particular legislative issue as directed by the DANC Executive Board and Management Council
- Identify statewide and national associations with similar interests and provide recommendations and advice to the DANC Executive board and Management Council concerning opportunities to align organizations to strengthen advocacy on key issues.
DANC Government Relations Leaders:
David Hayden, DANC Government Relations Chair, Smith Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan, L.L.P. https://www.smithlaw.com/professionals-David-Hayden
Joe Angell, DANC Government Relations Co-Chair, Wiley Wilson https://www.wileywilson.com/