The North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH) and the North Carolina Military Business Center are pleased to announce and host the first Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) Regional Roadshow (virtual) on February 16, 2022 from 1300-1700 EST.
PURPOSE. The Defense Innovation Unit (DIU) was started in 2015 to identify and attract the best of breed commercial technology to solve complex national defense problems. In the past six years, DIU has awarded 279 prototype contracts and transitioned 41% of these to production. (Learn more about DIU’s efforts by reading their FY 2021 Annual Report.) DIU was DoD’s first innovation outreach office and pioneered the Commercial Solutions Opening, a prototype and acquisition process focused on lowering the barriers of entry to companies, and helping DoD move at the speed of business. This webinar will inform attendees of what DIU is looking for in the coming year now and how to engage with them.
ATTENDANCE. Attendance is encouraged for:
• All innovators, technologists, and those interested in understanding and possibly contributing to our national defense.
• Those in the Innovation Ecosystem: commercial, private, public-private partnerships, academia, investors, DoD and other government personnel with needs and or interest.
• Current federal contractors seeking innovative partnerships
WHY ATTEND THE ROADSHOW?
• The first DIU Roadshow of 2022. Each DIU portfolio will be discussed with time for Q&A.
• Learn what is needed and future trends in Defense and get ahead of the pack.
• Refresh your knowledge of the CSO and OT submission process.
• Ask your questions and hear what others are asking.
• 1300: Welcome by Denny Lewis, DEFTECH
• 1305: Intro to DIU: Mike Brown, Director, DIU
Portfolio overview: 15 minutes per brief with 10-15 minutes of questions
• 1315: Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning
• 1345: Autonomy
• 1415: Cyber
• 1445: Energy
• 1500: Commercial Solutions Opening and Scaling Successful Solutions
• 1530: Human Systems
• 1600: Space
• 1630: National Security Innovation Network and National Security Innovation Capital
• 1700: Close and Next Steps, Andrea Castillon