Today’s kickoff of the new DANC Government Relations Forum was a huge success – we had 44 in attendance on the Zoom Event featuring keynote presenter, Chad Sydnor, Vice President of Cassidy & Associates.
Mr. Sydnor provided updates on COVID-19, USMC Force Design 2030, DCIP, the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2019, border wall impacts on NC, the military health system realignment, and other NC military matters.
The DANC Government Relations Forum was recently reimagined with these purposes:
- Assist the DANC Executive Director in reviewing issues related to DANC and provide advice and recommendations to the DANC Board and Management Council regarding same.
- Monitor State and Federal legislative agendas to identify legislation that is relevant to the DANC membership; provide recommendations, if appropriate, to the DANC Board and Management Council on policy positions.
- Develop strategies to educate and communicate with legislators, organizations and other relevant parties regarding the DANC and our position on any particular legislative issue as directed by the DANC Board and Management Council.
- Develop strategies to educate DANC members on relevant government related issues
- Identify statewide and national associations with similar interests and provide recommendations and advice to the DANC Board and Management Council concerning opportunities to align organizations to strengthen advocacy on key issues.
DANC Government Relations Leaders: