Happy New Year! I remain honored to have been chosen to serve as your Executive Director of the Defense Alliance of North Carolina.
Over the past 4 months, Tammy and I have been extremely busy in exploring, articulating, and utilizing the value add resulting from the recent merger, reaching out to the membership at Forums, conducting the Executive Board Meeting recently hosted by the UNC Systems Office, and welcoming all at the annual Defense Industry Celebration that took place at the Governor’s Mansion. We also have been receiving and sharing ideas, preparing our annual operations plan, and still grappling with a myriad of post-merger administrative matters.
From all that, we can tell enthusiasm remains high. Your willingness to volunteer your time and energy to assist fellow members, orient the newly joined members, work on new funding opportunities, and express your thoughts on the direction and initiatives of DANC has been remarkable.
And your commitment, energy and enthusiasm will no doubt be further borne out as we roll out and execute this year’s planned efforts which include:
- implementation of the Defense Asset Inventory and Target Industry Analysis,
- survey of our membership,
- application for additional grant funding,
- conducting new member drives,
- delivering our traditional array of events with perhaps a few new wrinkles thrown in,
- better alignment of our partnership with other state defense sector service providers, and,
- support of defense sector related legislative initiatives.
You, our Members, are the lifeline of DANC and we are grateful for your joining, encouraging others to do so, and for your active participation. Our strength is determined by your energy and I look forward to working with you this coming calendar year to fully realize the added value resulting from the merger.